Things have been pretty uneventful on the XL front...with one exception that I am not yet ready to share. I will share...of course...but I want to do a good job of it. A really good job of it.
So while the ideas for that share have been marinating in my brain, I went for a little bike ride and took the kids out to dinner. I was hoping for high drama during both events so that I'd have something fun and funny (or at least interesting) to share right now...but both were essentially drama-free events.
It was a gorgeous day for a bike ride, though a touch windy. Everyone and his brother, sister, and off-leash dog were out on the trail today. Sometimes I wish people would just stay home...with their illegally off-leash dogs. But when it looks like this out...
...how can you blame them for wanting to revel in the summer-like beauty of this January day?
I just rode around for an hour...I don't think my heart-rate went over 100. I was trying to enjoy life and feel happy. I was able to force it for about 30 minutes, then I started crying. Not like wailing-and-moaning crying...just tears and some soft hiccups. I finished up by the time I got home.
The kids had been begging for burritos...not homemade ones, though. They wanted real American taqueria burritos. (Isn't this akin to an oxymoron or something? Where are my English majors?) So I packed the unruly brood into the minivan, and we went in search of
I was more shocked than anyone (and probably the only one disappointed...but only because of the need for blog material) by my children's flawless behavior inside the restaurant. Outside was a different story...
The requisite pre-dinner head-stepping...
...and pre-dinner pretend-rifle-firing.
I think this one just had to pee.
Hmmmm... I suppose that is slightly interesting.
So here's what's been going on with me this past week...in case you missed something...and we wouldn't want that to happen...
- While eating Cheetos and watching NASCAR, I shared way many more random things about myself (twenty-two things, to be exact)
- my little girl now pees and poops in the potty :) are y'all doing a happy dance for that? cuz you should be
- I showed you how to make a Rundihat and an XLBand :)
- we got confused about Richard or Gene Simmons...and this morning I had a somewhat similar conversation with my husband... I asked a question that this guy could've used in his routine... which one is James Taylor and which is Jackson Browne?
- but the coolest thing I did was yank my kid's teeth out with my bare hands! And he was happy about it :)
- and then finally there's the Pinterest thing...
I hope everyone's enjoying their weekend :) And that all the racers have had or end up having awesome race experiences!