I've been keeping myself busy so as to not dwell on the limited exercise of interest thing (this eliminates swimming from the discussion, so don't suggest it...got it?).
I know you all are curious about how the injection is playing out and probably all the awesome things I've been up to since I clearly have NOT been blogging.
Bullets...here you go:
- PRP Injection? Two thumbs way UP. For two days after, I babied the heck out of my hip, then I started bearing more weight and being more active. A bit of pain...it comes and goes when I walk, especially when I have to carry a child. But the most amazing thing to ME is this:
- I saw Life of Pi in 3D. Triple snap in Z formation. Go see it. About two-thirds of the way through the movie I started crying for a reason completely unrelated to the movie (which did make me cry in its own right). I was crying because I realized that for the first time in ten years, I was not uncomfortable AT ALL while watching a movie. TEN YEARS, people, of pain in movies. It was a mind-blowing experience to NOT have that. I'm calling Injection #1 a success. I get #2 in three weeks. I can't wait :)
- A couple of weeks ago I offered to help someone out. I don't know her that well, but our daughters are best friends. I'm watching her daughter before school for 90 minutes for the next three weeks. The child is super polite and sweet and EASY. And makes our mornings easy...which is hard. She came over every morning this week. Today the mom paid me! Whoa. I wasn't expecting that! Woo hooo! Now I have money to:
- Mail out the Jingle Bell Hell prizes! I had NO IDEA how expensive shipping had gotten :( But they ARE coming, people. Hope to get them out by the end of next week. So Christmas in March not February ;-) I may need to go buy Jennifer some more powdered donuts, though. Not sure how rich in preservatives these guys are!
- We enjoyed a lovely day and went on a lovely walk...
Except for this one. She ran...
...and kept running...
...until she found this tree, upon which she stopped and pointed
and loudly proclaimed,
MOM!!! THIS TREE HAS A PENIS!
I do believe that the entire horde of tourists visiting Muir Woods on that beautiful Sunday morning then noticed that, indeed, the tree had a penis.
She looked up and saw this...
and delightedly shrieked,
(I say 'delighted' because she's my child)
These trees are SO BIG! They're THIS BIG!
and she jumped to show me how big.
That's why the picture is blurry.
This one got mad.
I don't remember why,
but I remember that he worked it for a good, long time.
Then we let him take our picture.
He was so excited that he tried to grab his own face.
It was beautiful.
And kind of loud because we were there.
- We followed up with lunch at In N Out, which I think was the kids' favorite part of the experience. Even though I made them all share a shake.
Hope all of you out there have a lovely weekend!
Anyone doing something fun?
– we have soccer and birthday parties and piano tests and housework to look forward to :)