03 October 2011

T H E

These three letters are really hanging me up.

I've been spending a lot of time out of the house lately. That means that I've been checking blogs and emails and Twitter on the fly... on my phone ...more than usual. I used to love my phone... not an iPhone. I have a Droid 2. I love the little slide-out keypad. It takes decent pics in well-lit environments and shoots video well enough for saving memories and filming gadgets ;-)

Recently, however, it has been pissing me off. I'll be in the middle of a well-thought-out or extremely time-sensitive (as a stay-at-home-mom, you know big deals are being wheeled and dealed constantly and at a high rate of speed in my world) comment or email or tweet or text message and it will seize and freeze. And then 'force close'. WTH???? Often I have tried several times before just giving up and then forgetting when I got home that, in fact, I hadn't replied or commented or whatevered. If you have been the non-recipient of my technological and memory lapses, I am sincerely sorry. For real. It's probably not personal.

Last night I figured out the problem!

Whenever I type the word "the", the phone has a panic attack and just stops.

"The".

I don't know about you, but I use that word quite frequently.

So for the time being, I will be trying to not use the word "the" when typing on my phone. I am seeing this as a sort of intellectual challenge... that will also be a huge exercise in patience :)

Plus I'm too cheap to buy a new phone.

Do you tend to make do with what you've got, or are you quick to replace things that aren't working perfectly?


Want to place bets on how long I can go working around the word "the"?

13 comments:

  1. Of all the words - good luck with that!

    I am NOT quick to return anything -I limp along with things way past their prime....too cheap usually to replace things although I prefer to pretend I'm too busy to take the time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I'm the queen of making do with things! I have a sink faucet that is more or less backwards, but since I've figured it out, I don't worry about calling maintenance to fix it! Your prob sounds a bit trickier though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to get use to adapting rather than just fixing the problem. Proably not my best choice all the time! But, I like you am a SAHM and am always being pulled in a million directions, sometimes it's just easier to make do with no THE than to figure out the issue!!! Thanks for another great and entertaing post! I always love to visit your site!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol that's a hard word to give up. I say "like" too much and out of context. YUCK good luck :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. CRAZY...I have never heard of a phone doing that before?!?! THE...how can you not use that word. I am too cheap too and you better believe I would stick with my droid if that happened! Hope you are having an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always make do with what I've got ...
    Use it up, Wear it out,
    make it do, or do without.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely a "make do'er". Total bummer about your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe you need an undercover pseudo for "the", like "Jill is awesome" or something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Work is really making it harder for me to comment on blogs, it sucks

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh...technical things like that make me SO mad when they don't work like they're supposed to!! GRRR!
    And good luck with not using "the".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hilarious! With that issue, I'd be pretty quick to replace I think. I've become addicted to my iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My droid has decided to put all calls on speaker - have no flipping idea why - kind of embarrassing when my husband called and said something very loud (not for others to hear) while I was in line at Target... oops.

    I've Become My Mother

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been using my seriously cracked iPhone for the past 6 months. Not so much "if it ain't broke don't fix it". More of "if it's broken but still works don't spend the money to replace it...especially bc AT&T will screw you by taking away your unlimited data if you change plans".

    But that's my issue, not yours.

    I've had a terrible time keeping up lately bc the weekends have been so insane. And then when a comment goes awry bc of tech issues...grrrr.

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...