04 September 2013

Recommencing...

A lot has transpired since my last post way back in mid July...enough to overwhelm me to the point of saying let's leave it at that and start from here.

It was a super busy summer. Yes, we went to the zoo. Come on...it was vacation. Of course we went to the zoo! No elephant penis this time, but.... the alpha male baboon was extremely happy to be alive. The kids giggled but it wasn't particularly noteworthy. The baby baboon, on the other hand, was adorable.

Family-friendly photo.
My kids are still super amazing and beautiful. Yes, they FINALLY all started school this week. I now have a kid in high school, one in middle school, one in elementary school and one in preschool.

Lest you think I now have tons of time to live a life of leisurely manicures and pedicures (which I've never been inclined to get anyway) or fun shopping excursions to places other than the grocery store or daily yoga/pilates/whatever classes now that everyone is out of the house for the better part of the day, think again. We are in the midst of a moving fiasco. Most of you know that moving in and of itself is a pain in the ass, right? Okay, now throw the word "fiasco" in there. It super sucks. I'll explain more later. Maybe. If I remember.

Bottom line on family life: All's well. Yay.

Today I met with awesome singing injection doctor for the seventh time since February. There have been some ups and downs regarding my overall health and my hip, but things seem to return to a level place eventually. I've done precious little in the way of exercise, and that's still been okay with me. But...

After conferring with my physical therapist, my chiropractor, my massage therapist, my awesome singing injection doctor and MYSELF, it has been determined that it is not unrealistic to start a little running again at the end of the month and additionally not unrealistic to possibly run 5K on Thanksgiving (yay, Sonoma Turkey Trot...of course it won't be to defend my title...lol).

I'm hoping to post more frequently now that the kids are back in school, but that most likely won't really happen until the moving situation is sorted out.

Nonetheless, here I am :)

Hi!  *smiles and waves*

Hope you all are doing well and hope we can get reacquainted.




If you want to see some photos from our summer adventures, I've been posting on Instagram...xlmic.




17 comments:

  1. We tried school this year for the first time (and our girls are teens). Somehow it seemed that I had less free time than I do when we homeschool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to have you back! I look forward to reading about your running return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! At this point it's pretty clear to me that my discomfort is soft-tissue related. I need to build some strength because I'm now pathetically weak. My new PT exercises are beyond hysterical. I should make a video. I'm excited to attempt running again :)

      Delete
  3. Yay good to hear from you! Good luck with the moving - it is something I truly loathe...I hope it goes as smoothly as it can go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like finally settling on a place and then finally being in and unpacked. All the surrounding stuff is not particularly enjoyable! But I like to remind myself that having a home ...wherever and whatever... is a really nice thing!

      Delete
  4. Was just thinking about you (and missing you) the other day. Glad to "see" you around. Best wishes on your new running adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you are back...I haven't been posting or running like I want to. I think about it all the time, it just doesn't seem to happen like I want. Frustrating to say the least. Due to my husband's career, we have moved a lot so I feel your pain. Usually for us it is pretty painless, or at least as painless as a move can be, so I hope the fiasco part of it is over soon. My SIL and family are moving this week and I am helping them...I am looking at it as a great workout! I did a fundraiser 5K in August, which I haven't posted about yet, but did it with another one of my SILs and she doesn't run so we walked it, which was actually just fine with me...it was a beautiful way to spend an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey stranger! So glad to hear from you! Good luck with the move and the return to running I was just thinking the other day about Jingle Bell Hell...and DONUTS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There she is...
    Well my favorite part of this post is "All's well" Yay.
    I hope it means what I think and hope it means.
    I have been thinking of you and hoping all was well.
    Moving....yikes
    Moving with 4 kids....cannot even imagine.....
    Glad to see you back here my friend!
    A bientot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you, haven't written for months and still getting more comments than I ever do on my silly blog. GLad you are able to return to some running. I will also be starting a return to running program that will be painfully slow. I am starting to come to terms with the fact that perhaps I am not meant to be a runner, but I can do other stuff. Still would love to run another 13.1..... Hope you are well. Interested to hear what is happening with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to have you back :)

    4 schools to deal with....Yikes! No wonder you have no time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you can take comfort in the fact that you have posted more frequently than I have! I finally posted for the first time since last November...yeah, I'm a slacker. I hope you get to run soon and I hope you blog more cuz I love reading your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to hear from you again and glad the hip situation is allowing you to get back to some running. Maybe the trails would be better for hip? Hope you get the housing situation straightened out ... I'm thinking fleas are worse than pink carpet :/.

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...