29 April 2011

When can you say X is IX... revisited

While we were in Paris, Baby X turned IX.  that's nine, in case you don't know your roman numerals ;-)
I vowed to spend a post putting the focus on her upon our return to my photo archives.

Here is my SuperGirl's Happy Birthday post... two weeks late!


I remember vividly the night you were born.
I had started labor that afternoon and was annoyed and needing distraction. I insisted on going to a movie...
"What if your water breaks in the theater?" daddy asked.
"GOOD!" was my reply.
Clearly, I was ready for you to make your arrival ;-)
I went to see The Sweetest Thing starring Cameron Diaz and Christina Applegate and laughed my butt off... which makes contractions extra painful as I found out, but I didn't care as much because something was funny.
I had forgotten how much childbirth hurts, even though I had vowed to NEVER forget. 
I would be different from other women... I would NOT forget the pain.
Ha!
It was a little before 3 a.m. when you came into the world... April 14, 2002.
I finally had a little girl...
my daughter.

You were sweet, easy and happy from Day One.
Everything a mommy could hope for :)

Like nearly every baby, you took a few baths in the kitchen sink!

You loved to hang out with daddy...

and to dig around in drawers.

Everywhere you went, you made friends easily :)

And you slept like an angel.

With an engaging smile on your face, you turned
 ONE!
And continued to be a sunny, happy, joyful girl...
loved by everyone.

A Dora birthday delighted you when you were
TWO!


Nearly bald for the first few years of life, you were a real curly girlie by the time you were
THREE!

A globe-trotter at an early age, you spent your birthday in Paris when you turned
 FOUR!


In a year of upheaval, you demonstrated courage and strength beyond your years
before the fun-filled day you turned
FIVE!
The Birthday Harley ride...

Later that year, you also learned to ride a horse...

And then a two-wheeler!

Surrounded by friends, you became
 SIX!


You continued to be vibrant, enthusiastic and amazing at
SEVEN!

You found your inner athlete and turned
EIGHT!
You opened your birthday presents in sheer delight :)


And now you are

NINE!


Happy Birthday to my wonderful, sparkling delight of a girl :)

You inspire, you ground, you give...

you LOVE.



I love you with all my heart.
Love,
Mommy

13 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! And this post brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is the sweetest post ever! Happy belated birthday beautiful SuperGirl! Such beautiful memories!

    I also went to a movie while in labor but had to get up and leave and head to the hospital before it even started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so grown up now! I think we need to schedule that visit ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest turned 10 this year... It is fun to watch the grow, but in a bitter-sweet way. Does she still have all those crazy curls?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!
    pic for 3 yrs is my fav!
    she looks like you

    happy birthday!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post!
    Thanks for coming by earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! This post made my day. LOVED all the pictures! You are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Worth the 2 weeks wait.

    Honestly. The. Best. Birthday. Post.
    I
    Have
    Ever
    Read.
    Ever.
    That hanging w/dad photo. Is. Amazingly. Adorable.

    Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Marjorie. Loved these pictures and this tribute to your sweet baby girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the pictures through the years....How SWEET!
    I have a boy that will soon be turning 9. Those years have gone by so fast!
    She's adorable!
    I'm a new follower.
    Amy's Life @
    www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an inspiring post! Though my 'baby' is nowhere near 9, I wish to do a similar post someday. This is just too sweet, too lovely, not to 'copy'...and I hope you won't mind. And yes, your daughter is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful post and countdown to today :) I think my favorite photo was 3 with those curls!! Isnt' it funny how we always forget the pain of labor, even though at the moment there has never been anything worse? Good thing for those little angels :)

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...