02 April 2011

Burn, Baby! Burn!

What's cookin', kids?

So the other day when I was in the garage finding all the photos for my awesome collection of Big G's first year as a traveling man, I was simultaneously starting to cook my lunch.

Based on my pies... whether turkey pot or mixed berry... and my awesome gadget collection, you'd think I was some kinda somethin' in the kitchen. But I have been very honest with you about my lack of culinary prowess... or is it simply a case of "CRS"... can't remember s***?... so let's drop all expectations.

I was so distracted engrossed in my trip down memory lane research project and recovery mission in the name of The Blog, that I did it again...




And this time the toxic crap from the melted plastic of the steamer ruined the best 50-year old, popcorn-making Revereware pan in the universe. I am in so much trouble :(

Both the pot and the steamer were goners.

Also cookin'...

This kid on the track... she LOVES to run! If you don't remember her indoor workout from a few weeks ago, you can see it here. And now that the weather is super nice, she got a chance to stretch her legs outside...


That is not a load in her pants... I promise. The pants and diaper just look like it is. Really.

The last item on our menu of what's cookin'... or not cookin'...

I have been so slow and struggling with my running all week. My legs still feel thrashed from that hilly leg of the Oakland Marathon Relay last Sunday :(  On Tuesday, I squeezed out a tempo run that felt okay enough to feel good about, but Thursday night... whoa...

Just an easy 5 miles was slated. I headed out at 8:40 PM. Yes, PM. And I really wanted to be out there running... really, I did. But my legs didn't :(
But I made them :) 
We went around the loopy-doos 6 times for 4.5 miles and then they just said, "uncle... no mas." And I obeyed. I have a tenner on the docket for this weekend, and I want to be able to do it. I was going to do it today, but my husband just now told me he has to work all day, and I have to work tonight (yes, people, I kind of have a .... yob .... steering clear of the "J" word... can't quite bring myself to use it). Looks like the big 1-0 will have to happen tomorrow. I'm scared ... wish me luck!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! see the sidebar! 
remember it is all for YOU if we win :) ... if you have 'liked' the Taking It On Facebook page which you can access by clicking on the badge also in the sidebar  
>>  >>  >>

And enter to win that Williams-Sonoma gift card, too!

And if you want a postcard from a cool place, go play the guessing game :)

13 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I bet that put off a terrible smell! Last year I burnt a tupperware in the microwave and I had a headache for 2 days from it...cooking disasters are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO a load in her pants.

    You should see my favorite saucepan. Black. I still use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUAR…i guess you would know about pants-loads…
    and you should play the guessing game…i think you would know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley…it smelled so bad! I just kept the lid on and put it outside for my husband to deal with :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems you couldn't keep up with her.

    Please salvage that pan. There's gotta be a way Richmond.

    Your contribution to my Blog story this morning was AWESOME. Thank you! I hope it continues cuz I find it hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor, poor pan. :( Love that little runner girl... awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CK, she can kick my butt! Especially if she is running toward a busy street or some other dangerous thing. And the metal of the pan is totally impregnated with plastic toxicity... I can send it to you if you're concerned about landfill and carbon footprints and stuff like that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a bummer about the pan. And great running!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am impressed with the running! Just yesterday, my 3 year old said, Mommy doesn't like to run. I don't know how he knew that. It isn't something we talk about or anything. But it's totally true. I find it to be really hard! So, I'm always impressed with people who do a lot of running.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Kristy above. I have never been a runner (unless I am being chased *wink wink*). I cannot tell you how many pans I have ruined by doing something that will "just take a second" when I should be watching my stuff cooking. And every time I cry like someone killed my kitten.

    I am not a cook. OR a runner. I need a hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about your pan. Good luck getting in you 10 miler. Sounds like a hectic schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, so maybe you can't cook... but you can run 26.whatever miles. OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm trying so hard to get back into running. It's hard.

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...