Really random thoughts...
- I just got back from a bike ride. Lots of smiling people out on the trail...mostly men maintenance workers attending to the sprinkler system. Smiling because...it is a nice day out today? They had a great lunch? More probably because I was wearing a regular v-neck t-shirt and my right boob (yes, covered by an undergarment) was hanging out. Nice n' classy... but would you expect anything different from a 'creepy' #boobblogger?
- Why does it always seem like I'm riding into a headwind? On an out-and-back no less. If not a straight-on headwind then a vicious cross-headwind. Always. Is it because I am riding soooo fast that I counter any speed of a tailwind? More probably because I suck at biking and get really easily distracted by the slightest resistances nature might provide.
- I just successfully climbed two 5.10c routes in one climbing session!!!! Seriously...cause for celebration. Is it because I am a freaking climbing superstar? More probably because it was in a lesson and my teacher is totally kick-ass and told me how to do it :P
- I have discovered I am THAT person at the gym... headphones on, singing out loud. And if that isn't bad enough... #heavybreather. I promise I will work on this.
- There was a woman on the treadmill in front of me while I was working out yesterday who looked perfect in her off-white yoga pants...like, stunningly beautifully perfect. I have never seen anyone in real life look so perfect...especially in light-colored, unforgiving yoga pants. In print with photoshop and air-brushing, sure...but this was real life. I wanted to tell her. And not in a creepy way. Would it have been creepy to tell her? I feel like we women don't compliment each other enough.
- My migraine was gone by yesterday afternoon. Many thanks to those of you who expressed concern and empathy :) Migraines just blow.
- Either my cardio workouts are really strengthening my legs and butt or I am just getting fat. My butt and thighs totally ate my shorts by the end of my workout last night. No cheeks hanging out, fortunately...but I might as well have been wearing some of those little elite runner speed briefs.
- I miss my kid. He's on a 5-day field trip to our nation's capital.
- I should do
- I should do some yardwork.
- Reading... I should do some of that, too. I got 2 books recently... World Without End by Ken Follett and Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson. Has anyone got anything to say about these books? Speak up!
- I haven't followed the news...world, national, or local...in ages. Is there anything interesting going on out there in the world that I should know about?
- Today after I pick my kids up from school, we are going to buy ladybugs! The kids are super excited and have been fighting over who gets to hold the bucket on the car ride home. Ladybugs help control aphid infestations, and my beautiful Gertrude Jekyll rose is having problems with this. Yay, ladybugs!
Wow. Feels so good to have gotten all that randomness on the outside of me!
Anything random happening in your day that you care to share?