I was going to list 10 things that were memorable about 2011 like almost everyone else in the blogging world, but I needed a serious pick-me-up. One way to yank my sorry butt out of the dumps is to recount as many ways as I possibly can in which my life is awesome... and so this massive ego-trip was born. Instead of 10 separate things, I have 10 categories. Has it helped lift my spirits? Not really. But maybe if I read it over enough times it will.
1. In April, I went to Paris with my family. And it was a blast.
2. I created and then got distracted from the awesome Granny's Gadgets series. I do plan to resurrect this. Contrary to word on the street, I did NOT run out of gadgets.
This was one of my personal favorites...
3. We experienced an overly generous Tooth Fairy moment...that will be forever remembered. It is not a mistake that will be repeated!
4. I won a bunch of contests:
- Circle of Moms twice (didn't win but did get Top 5 in one category and 15th in another...and who can forget all that badgering, grubbing and begging for votes?)
- Hood to Coast Relay Team Nuun spot (remember the Running Nun video?)
- the dorky celebrity picture contest with Lady Brain (Charo and Darth Vader were gunning for it, but I think the addition of the Berenstain Bears spread the votes out too much for anyone to overtake Fidel Castro and me)
- BlogHer Voices of the Year 2011 Honoree for the armpit vagina post
- and most recently, the hundred dollar sweatshirt.
5. I became a #boobblogger... it all started with running bra report and my new running bra. About a month later, I convinced some of my favorite blogging friends to play Match the Rack on Boobs I Follow. And I displayed my reviewing genius in my Moving Comfort Juno Bra review and demonstration.
6. There were some pretty cool races... San Francisco Bay to Breakers, Hood to Coast Relay, RNR Las Vegas Half-Marathon, and while I never ran particularly fast and I certainly didn't WIN, the experiences broadened my view and showed me some new things (and reminded me of some old things) about myself, the world and running.
I know you're thinking,
"Whoa! Did we really need to see that?"
7. As a part of a couple of these races, I went away from my husband and kids over night for the first time in 12 years. That was weird. But fun :)
8. I learned how to ride my bike again.
9. I got inspirational on a couple of occasions...
10. I survived. And if you're reading this, so did you. Let's celebrate that success of 2011 and look forward to 2012!
I'm a double-dipper...
and I fully plan on fully participating
equally and doubly :)
Joining up with Stasha and gang with all their 2011 biz...
and other stuff :)