26 December 2011

The Ubiquitous Year in Review Post

I was going to list 10 things that were memorable about 2011 like almost everyone else in the blogging world, but I needed a serious pick-me-up. One way to yank my sorry butt out of the dumps is to recount as many ways as I possibly can in which my life is awesome... and so this massive ego-trip was born. Instead of 10 separate things, I have 10 categories. Has it helped lift my spirits? Not really. But maybe if I read it over enough times it will. 

1.  In April, I went to Paris with my family. And it was a blast.

2.  I created and then got distracted from the awesome Granny's Gadgets series. I do plan to resurrect this. Contrary to word on the street, I did NOT run out of gadgets.

This was one of my personal favorites...


3.  We experienced an overly generous Tooth Fairy moment...that will be forever remembered. It is not a mistake that will be repeated! 


4.  I won a bunch of contests:  
  • Circle of Moms twice (didn't win but did get Top 5 in one category and 15th in another...and who can forget all that badgering, grubbing and begging for votes?)
  • Hood to Coast Relay Team Nuun spot (remember the Running Nun video?)
  • the dorky celebrity picture contest with Lady Brain (Charo and Darth Vader were gunning for it, but I think the addition of the Berenstain Bears spread the votes out too much for anyone to overtake Fidel Castro and me)
  • BlogHer Voices of the Year 2011 Honoree for the armpit vagina post
  • and most recently, the hundred dollar sweatshirt.


5.  I became a #boobblogger... it all started with running bra report and my new running bra. About a month later, I convinced some of my favorite blogging friends to play Match the Rack on Boobs I Follow. And I displayed my reviewing genius in my  Moving Comfort Juno Bra review and demonstration.



6.  There were some pretty cool races... San Francisco Bay to Breakers, Hood to Coast Relay, RNR Las Vegas Half-Marathon, and while I never ran particularly fast and I certainly didn't WIN, the experiences broadened my view and showed me some new things (and reminded me of some old things) about myself, the world and running.

I know you're thinking,
"Whoa! Did we really need to see that?"

7.  As a part of a couple of these races, I went away from my husband and kids over night for the first time in 12 years. That was weird. But fun :)

8.  I learned how to ride my bike again.



9.  I got inspirational on a couple of occasions...






10.  I survived. And if you're reading this, so did you. Let's celebrate that success of 2011 and look forward to 2012!

I'm a double-dipper...
and I fully plan on fully participating 
equally and doubly :)

Found the Marbles



Joining up with Stasha and gang with all their 2011 biz...
and other stuff :)

40 comments:

  1. Love this one! I'm sorry but I can't gab - I'm off to read your armpit vagina post. Congrats on being a voice of the year honoree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought $20 was a standard these days ;) you crack me up big time. And good on you for running your way through 2011 and sleeping on your own a few imps too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we survived and that is something all in itself. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank god Granny's Gadgets is alive and well.

    Sounds like you had many highlights in 2011. How the heck are you going to top boobs and black bananas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great year! And don't you LOVE Bay to Breakers! This was the 100th year, if I remember correctly. I have walked in it several times, but never run. I have seen lots of naked people, but none of them were young OR good looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice overview. Need to score a pancake flipper like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great year - going to go catch up on some of those posts I missed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have a left handed overhead egg beater you can review? That would be awesome.

    Wait, you ran Hood to Coast?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had some memorable moments in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome year! Yep, you're pretty badass alright!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with ADO I'm gonna have to go read some of those other posts. I am sorry to hear that you are feeling down. It hurts my heart. I am happy you gave me a good side stitch , you had a full year... Full of new adventures, travel, awards hehe and fun!!! And now I'm happy because i have a new blog to get sent to my email. I can't wait to see what 2012 brings too. -Laverne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your year in review, especially because you linked to some old posts and it helped me catch up since I'm relatively new to your blog. Hope you have an amazing 2012

    ReplyDelete
  13. AND YOU MET ME.

    Love this post. :) Hope you had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A good year. Hooray for cycling again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I remembered some of those posts! They were hilarious!!

    What a year indeed! I will remember 2011 as the year I met you, dear friend. Happy holidays, here's hoping you feel better soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. are your spirits up today...sorry you were down yesterday..I was too...

    that first pic of the kids...look at that...it should help right?

    Patrick: the HTC comment: hilarious..right? come on now Marjorie...that had to make you smile!!!!

    I am off to run a slow 3 miles cuz I am still on shaky legs and then writing the 2011 recap maybe!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had a great year in 2011!

    A lot of cool races!

    And yea, we didn't need to see that naked pic at Bay to Breakers, lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you ran hood to coast because that's how I found your blog...and my life has been so awesome ever since (just giving you another "massive ego" boost)! :) I hope you have a great rest of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I hope you can read this many times if it helps lift your spirits! The Paris shot, the boob scarves, and the naked running would do it for me. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some great highlights - I gotta go back and catch a couple of your earlier blog posts!

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds like your life was pretty awesome in 2011. Love the photo from Paris trip! I hope you've read this a few times now and are feeling a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm stuck at balance.
    Look at those freaking glutes!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whoa you certainly did win a lot of contests!!! Awesome!

    Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. here's to survival! because without that we've got nothing!
    how the hell do they balance like that anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was thinking, "Wow, Paris!" and then I laughed at the tooth fairy post (which I went back and read). But when I saw Nuun and Hood to Coast - how completely awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE THIS and now I want to go to Paris:) YAY for riding the bike and you are so lucky with winning everything!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger... survive and flourish you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds like a wonderful year! And a trip to Paris would be amazing! I hope 2012 is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this! Way to pick urself up! Hope all is ok

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this! Way to pick urself up! Hope all is ok

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sounds like a great year...:)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations on a great year and on winning so much! I'm jealous. Okay, not really. Just happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's was a fabulous year! Congrats on making it through another... and now on to the next!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats on surviving 2011 - here's to a prosperous and healthy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a lot of great stuff! Sounds like you've accomplished a lot.

    And yeah, thanks for the butt picture. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello..coming by to wish you Happy New Year 2012...

    ReplyDelete
  37. A great way to reflect on the year, and to remind the blogosphere how awesome your site is!! But my favorite was the photo of those three sweet faces in Paris :)

    I hope you have a wonderful new year and thank you for sharing this with us at Rub Some Dirt On It!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just read the tooth fairy post for the first time. Bahahahahahah, please have her make a stop at my house for dog teeth.

    2012 is going to be killer.

    ReplyDelete
  39. After studying a patient's medical history, physical therapists observe the patient's posture, strength, motor function, breathing ability, coordination, and balance. Visit great website for more info.

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...