20 February 2012

What I'm Loving Right Now...

It's been a rough four days. After that jaw-dropping elephant sighting, we made our way home whereupon I retreated from life with a massive headache. My headaches usually only last 48 hours, but this time was different. Now that the hell is over, I am focusing on what is working...or at least what I'm loving.

This...

Greens are sooooooo good for you. 
Spinach is a superfood and I eat a ton of it, but this greens blend makes for a nice variation.

Heat up 2 tbs olive oil and 1 cup broth in large pan, dump contents into pan, 
cover and cook...stirring occasionally... until greens are the softness you desire.
Miss C likes it, too.


And this...

Organic blueberries are a nutritional powerhouse...

High in anti-oxidants (all that Anthocyanin, dontcha know)...
again, I need to battle The Hand to get my fair share.

And this...


smells like really, really bad breath combined with stinky feet and dirty underwear.
But it's supposed to help digestion and intestinal health like nobody's biz.
The idea is that one of the ingredients (IgG 2000) helps not only break down difficult stuff 
but also helps mobilize it. After that soy stuff that wracked my system
we are looking at this product as a huge part of our plan to get back to feeling good.


And this...

Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Having about a million polyphenols (well, lots anyway),
this particular olive oil from Amphora Nueva is supposed to be the health bomb.com...
since I need all the help I can get, I'm trying it out.
Click here to see what polyphenols can do for you!

and this...

My Bed...

...or The Nest, as Miss C likes to call it.
The past several days, this place has been a haven...a refuge...from the nastiness of a wicked and cruel migraine that stole the weekend from me and my family.

And I can never leave out these...

the best five things in my world :)



What are you loving right now?



17 comments:

  1. TJ's freeze dried red grapes and the fact that i have unwatched cycling races on the DVR for later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. migraines...I hate them...so sorry you have those.
    I dont have them since my hysterectomy. Well very rarely.
    I think taking natural progesterone helps a lot.

    I take some new stuff for digestion
    Endefen..pre-biotics

    http://www.metagenics.com/products/a-z-products-list/Endefen

    what I am loving now is that on a day off from school my kids did not fight and it is after 5 pm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so sorry about the migraines. They suck :(. Hope your feeling better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. Migraines are the absolute worst! Hope you're feeling better.
    I miss TJ's! :(
    I'm loving raspberries in my oatmeal and products from Go Raw. They're in Mountain View!
    And I'm loving blogging and the wonderful people I'm getting to know.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love blueberries, black berries and raspberries. Specially love when they are all on sale at the same time, just dump them all in a bowl and eat!

    The greens and broth sounds good. I might have to try that.

    I would add almonds to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll add: collard greens, kale, mushrooms (all kinds), pastured eggs (expensive but oh, so good), and a glass of red wine at the end of the day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I'm loving right now is that my mother in law just took all three of my kids for the night...which has never happened...

    and my husband can't contain himself right now...that' s what I amd loving! guess I should get off the computer........:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch! I'm glad you're feeling better now.

    Mmm... greens. It's one of the things I love most about food in the south -- dozens of different kinds of greens in the grocery store!

    Loving right now (on the opposite side of the food spectrum): pecan King Cake. It's Mardi Gras, people!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're feeling better!!

    I always love blueberries!! For some reason, I can talk myself into buying them even when the prices go up. I tell myself I'm saving myself from cancer and I'm totally worth it... something like that!

    Do you know how long it took me to figure out what EVOO was on all those cooking shows?? uugh! It's all I use now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. great things to love! I mean other than needing to be in bed with a wicked migrane but the bed does look darn freaking comfy!

    i am totally going to look into the
    Xymogen ProbioMax Plus DF sounds so interesting. I have had GI issues and maybe that would help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love blueberries, yum! I just made muffins with mine. I am loving the weather, hubs and the girls right now. It's a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the organic respberries at TJ's. And mostly I love my 2 teens. They make me laugh. Not necessarily on purpose. And I get vertigo that puts me out for days. It's so far beyond awful that words cannot explain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had terrible migraines last week, so I feel your pain :( But so wonderful that you are able to list and focus on these things you love! I, too, love blueberries! They make my mornings happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate migraines....they wipe me right out :( sorry you had to go through that. ahhh!

    I love your nest....it even looks like one. I'm going to make mine like that ;)

    I am loving that I'm doing a giveaway and that Logan is becoming more super fun everyday :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. TJ's canned artichokes. The best and cheapest I can find!

    Glad to hear your migraine is no more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad your headache went away. I hate that you get those. SO evil. :(

    What am I loving? I had an amazing weekend with my folks. And since my daughter is 'detoxing' from them, she's super cuddly... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Besides loving this post...I'm loving the weather! 65 degrees andn sunshine! Oh and definitely loving that I'm not sick, yay!

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...