21 February 2012

Twosday

In the past two days I've done two things that two years ago I couldn't do.

First thing:  Last night I ran a total of about two miles with two of my kids.

To start, I went out with my big girl for her debut run in real running shoes. She was super jazzed. And she ran a strong and fairly steady 0.83 miles. This kid is no complainer...a trooper through and through.


Then I ran with G. We ran 1.25 somewhat steadily-paced miles fraught with huffing and puffing and intermittent naysaying...but he persevered and even picked things up considerably for the last quarter-mile. And once the kids were done, I ran a mile on my own and felt great. I think these slow, happy miles with the kids are doing wonders for me :)

Second thing:  Today I walked alone with my two boys and my two-year old...pain-free.

One of the saddest things about my injury has been my lack of availability to my family. My mobility being hindered by pain meant that I could last for about 30 minutes before I needed to shut down and go inward to cope...even when out for a simple stroll. If a kid took off (as toddlers are wont to do) I was screwed. So we didn't go for manyany walks without daddy...even though we live in such a fabulous area for walking.


It was glorious here today. I headed out with Q and G and little Miss C to our usual Bay Trail path. Even though I've shown you this place before and talked about walking or running or biking here before, today was really the first time I can claim 'pain-free.' Okay... I had a little tightness and stiffness...but no pain. We went slowly and everyone was fairly cooperative, which I am sure helped a ton :)

One super awesome thing about not being in constant pain is that I get to enjoy and appreciate the discoveries and ramblings of my kids instead of wondering when the #*@% we can head home so I can sit and ice and stretch...alone.



finding daisies ...


"Look, mommy...bird poop!"

"It's hard to walk on these big, sharp rocks..."


"I know G says I should appreciate this hard-packed clay surface with its light gravel dusting, 
but can we go home now?"

And so we did.

15 comments:

  1. Yay for no pain! Keeping my fingers crossed that this continues for you!

    Great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE that you are pain free. Seriously, that makes me smile!!! I know that inward place you speak of all to well, especially lately.

    And can I just add that the picture of your daughter makes my heart melt?

    Here's to many more miles pain free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! Yay for pain free too! Pain just makes every moment that much less fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no pain is good
    no pain and good times with the kids is great

    lets hope it stays that way

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness you are pain free!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some day I'll get more diligent about picture taking. Yours are always so beautiful. Hallelujah and praise the Lord for pain free runs and walks with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are recovering and can walk pain-free. And I love that your kids want to run with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful day! And beautiful pictures. Your oldest daughter looks gorgeous in that pic. Well, in most pics I see of her. HOw cool to get her new running shoes. And what a treasure to be running with them. Ah, Marjorie, sounds like this injury has been rough but also a blessing in disguise...it seems like you are in a really great spot with being immersed in motherhood and savoring these moments with them. If you were in heavy duty training right now, you might be missing out on THIS...this day, running with your kids, taking pictures of them that you will always treasure. And then again, you might not have missed out but whatever, it sounds like you're in a good spot in this post. And NO PAIN>...this is HUGE!! I remember when I finally stopped feeling pain and stopped having a hard time getting around after my hamstring tear...it was SO WONDERFUL. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great walk! Boy she is getting BIG! You sound so happy :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderful!! :) Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute pictures. Your girls are so cute. Love new running shoes! I'm so glad that you aren't in pain. Have a fantastic day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there! Quick question that's completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My web site looks weird when viewing from my iphone 4. I'm trying to find a
    template or plugin that might be able to correct this problem.
    If you have any suggestions, please share. Many thanks!



    my web blog :: dottie\u0027s diet zone

    ReplyDelete
  13. Useful information. Lucky me I discovered your website accidentally, and I am surprised why this accident
    did not came about earlier! I bookmarked it.

    Look at my website - legit online jobs is it real

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...