01 February 2012

What Up Weds.


First, pursuant to the serotonin post, I had a great meeting with my clinician this morning. We've devised a plan that sounds like it will work. It will take a little time, but it leaves me hopeful :) Tomorrow I'll be asking my acupuncturist to throw her magic into the mix. Huge thanks to all of you pulling for me...your kind words and thoughts sent my way help more than you know. Or maybe you do know :)


Second, I am running in a race this weekend. I am expecting big things since I've done a two-month taper and am quite well-rested ;-) It was intended to be my redemption half, and I was going to crush the two-hour barrier that has been eluding me. (It's a local race with a downhill/flat course, point-to-point...while feeling slightly like a cheater-cheater-pumpkin-eater, I really wanted that number for some stupid reason....even though it wouldn't be a PR...I need to stop being competitive with anything other than my kid at Monopoly...at least for the moment). Since I haven't run anywhere near a "long" run in two months, I will be doing the race-day downgrade to a 5K. Let's place bets on how long it'll take me to run 5K...on a slightly long (3.2 miles), flat-and-downhill course. What do YOU think? Remember, I haven't run hardly at all in two months, and my time in November when I was kind of in shape was 24:01.


Whoever is the closest to my actual, official finish time will win a prize...so give it your best guess :)

Finally, my 12-year old bookworm child told me yesterday that he wants to run with me. He wants to improve his timed mile for P.E. and would like to run a couple of times a week with me. I was happily stunned. So tonight I will run with Big G... the beginning of our Big Adventure in Running...or not. Maybe we should just keep it low-key and not blow a 1.5-mile run out of all proportion. Anyway...it'll be fun. I hope. And I'll bet he's hoping so, too.

whoa...animation! i had no idea it did that when i swiped that image!

And that's what up this fine Weds.

32 comments:

  1. lol! I love that "I had no idea it did that when I swiped that image!"
    I have to say, you do not give up. Love you!
    PS: You're a better mom than I am. When my kid wants to run with me, I'm bummed because I have to slow down...or leave him in a cloud of my dust...or snow...whatever.
    You seem to be doing better in the morale department, go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a lucky chick. I wish I could run with my kid, but she's way too speedy. I will lend her to you, though, to pace you to a PR if you'd like.

    And I guess 24:08. I'm feeling like you're speedy and going to crush it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote is 30:30. I'm aiming high so you'll feel even better when you crush me down! Also, that's my 5K time!

    I'm trying to get my niece to run with me, but I'm scared she'll smoke me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm saying 25:02! Love that you have company to run with that combines hanging with a kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm saying 26:30 - only because that's my 5K goal this year. Sounds good, huh?! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting!! I would love for my kids to express an interest in running. That's a few years away though.

    I'm guessing... 25:30?

    So glad you are feeling warm fuzzies on the health front. Good vibes your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay so i think its crazy good that you could EVER run a 5k in that time lol...I working on the fast thing. I am going to say 25:50

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to guess 25:45. I think you will do great even though you havent' been training.
    Yay for having a plan! I hope it starts working quickly! Very cool that your son wants to run with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. running with the kid, I like that.

    a good plan: I like that more.

    I wish I had a clinician..or an acupuncturist...I would love to try that.

    ok time: 24:36

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad you have an action plan and hopefully it will get your feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So your kiddo is doing the 5k with you? That could drastically alter your 5K time regardless of your health. I'm going to say 29 min without kiddo, 35 with. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's fantastic your kid wants to run with you!

    And I'm giving you 26:16......that's my 5k PR :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm happy that things are looking up! :) (see?)

    No idea on the time. I'm thinking you're well rested and gutsy....so 25:09 (and I'm so jealous)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your running with the kid? I say 29:08. That sounds reasonable right?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sub 2 has eluded me as well. grrrrr. Good luck! I'm guessing 24:59. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you're going to do better than you think. I did Adam's 5K on trashed marathon legs at 25:59 so I say you will run anything better than that!! 25:00. :)

    Good to hear you met with the doc and are working on a new plan :).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good news you has a plan! My guess for your time is 26:33.

    Really cool your son wants to run with you! I keep asking my son and the usual response is "meh". He is 15 though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So awesome that your son wants to run with you! Like Sandra, sometimes I'm torn when J wants to run with me, but it's rare enough that I choose to savor it. What's really cool is that his school has this running program going on where they track laps to make miles, and he's got the most in his class. Yeah, I'm proud, especially bc he's pretty much all about his dad's stuff and not so much mine.

    Good luck in your race! I'm going to say 25:00, which is way faster than I've ever managed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck in your race! Love the animation:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so glad you have a plan of action. Have fun with the 5k. I am proud of you for knowing your limitations right now. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with your race time. You are quite competitive with yourself and I'd love for you to see 24:00 (especially if there is downhill)but maybe 26:48 might be more reasonable. You'll do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. 5k.....hmmmmmmm I feel like maybe 28:27 (I was going to say :07) so count them both just incase ;) YAY! for racing and running

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck on the race! I think you'll do well, I'm going with 24:30

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so happy the clinician is helping!!! I hope the acupuncturist cures you. She is a miracle worker, after all. :-)

    Good luck with your race! And with Big G!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay, you have a happy plan!! Sometimes that is all it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. that's so awesome he wants to run with you! I hope my kids want to run with me when they get older.

    5k - downhill and you've had a nice long taper...24 flat. You're going to kill it.

    Glad you've come up with a plan you like going forward...thinking good thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. i'm going with 28:12....Good luck! runner_girl5k at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope you have a great race!
    I am guesssing...hmmmm....28:33

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'll play along. I'm going to guess 27:08. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...