24 January 2011

Granny's Gadgets #4

Here we are again... Monday.

And time for Granny's Gadgets!

Today's tool is super cool.  It makes you want to whip up a bunch of ginormous pancakes as soon as you figure out how to work it.

Looks very ordinary until... you slide the lever...


It's sort of like something you might expect in James Bond's kitchen... right?   Ha!   But it's in mine!



Always one for full disclosure, I have to admit this is the first time I have ever made such a large pancake.  They are not as good as regular-sized... bigger does NOT always mean better.  It is really hard to get the temperature of the griddle correct to nicely brown the outside and thoroughly cook the inside.  One or the other is easy... but gettin' both going on at the same time... not so easy.  So this particular gadget hasn't gotten as much play as its coolness might warrant.  


I did not achieve a perfectly cooked pancake tonight :(  But it did get eaten :P

8 comments:

  1. Very cool, but I will go with 3/4 inch thick fluffy pancakes over great big wide ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh out loud when you sprung open that spatula like that! Ha!! And, BTW, you must not eat too many of those pancakes, you skinny thang! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy. I so wish my husband wasn't sleeping next to me so that I could play your video. ;) I just love your blog. Always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally disagree! Bigger DOES taste better! Yet another gadget, I've never seen! You always crack me up with these! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob just called it your switchblade spatula! LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, isn't that the spatula Spongebob uses in the very first episode? I didn't know it really existed. And you have one! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...