07 January 2012

If only all of life's problems were so easily solved...

We went shopping today at the outdoor mall. I needed some socks for Miss C, and I figured the post-holiday sales would be in effect so I'd get them for cheap. And I did.

I also got her some underpants, which may be premature, but I swear I am going to toilet-train this kid one of these days. Really. I don't know why I am dragging my feet. In fact, I am a total pro at toilet-training, having done it 3 times already...or rather, I've had some very cooperative pupils thus far. She is now officially my oldest child to still be in diapers at 2 years 10 months. Dang it. But I'll tell ya, these light rose-colored carpets are not conducive to free and easy potty-training ... if you know what I mean.



The fancy mall we went to has some very fun water features... four cute, animal-themed fountains that are at toddler-level. Of course, my toddler had to go in. Yes, in one of the fountains. And yes, she got wet. And of course, I had no change of clothes for her.

Close-up of the one she went in.

I used to be the most prepared mom ever...when I had one, two, and then three kids. For some reason, the fourth one just blew my 'prepared gasket', and I am now always flying by the seat of my pants ... from MacGyver-ing diapers out of old t-shirts and Target bags when there's been a blow-out and I've forgotten diapers to collecting cups of Cheerios off the minivan floor when someone is hungry on a car ride and I've forgotten to pack snacks.

Anyway...

The girl was wet, and we were just getting started on our excursion. Fortunately, the clearance section of Gymboree (conveniently located right next to the fountain) had just what we needed...



If only all things were easily remedied with $6 candy-cane striped leggings and $4.99 Panda shoes. Somehow, I don't think my husband would find it amusing if I suggested he console himself regarding his stolen Hasselblad baby with these items, but as far as Miss C is concerned, we are golden. 

She insisted on wearing them to bed.

18 comments:

  1. so cute. Just why I always wanted a girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh. I really want those shoes :). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are adorable. And my kids would always reach an age where suddenly (in my mind) the "prepared" switch would flip and I'd forget that I might need all the necessities. I'm still a by the seat of my pants mom. What can I say...I must like pressure, stress, and drama. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shoes and your willingness to stay and not rush home with a wet child (that's probably what I would have done)! You're such a good mommy!!! My 4 yr old would absolutely love those panda shoes, I must try to find her some. Those fountains are also a lot of fun. Today we woke up to a dusting of snow and bitter cold wind. I like your weather much better! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those shoes and the tights! My daughter would be all over those and happy as can be afterward....I agree, if only other things could be resolved as easily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how the five second rule time increases with each kid (e.g. cheerios on the van floor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I remember those good ol' days of toilet training. Those were the days... then they grow up to be teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! My girls would both want a pair of those. My 3yr old once had a pair of monkey boots and would wear nothing else...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What size does Gymboree go up to again? I suppose having sausage legs and bound feet would not be nearly as cute on me as the well fitting adorable-ness your daughter has going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always like it when a proper noun is used as a verb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are adorable! I'd wear those any day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As with so many things in life, being a mom is about doing what you have to do when you have to do it. And yes, in the grand scheme of things - that was a pretty easy (and super cute) fix. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! I have 2 boys so I never get to buy cute girly stuff. My boys were both 3 before they were fully potty trained.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have GIRL envy! I want a girl so bad....so bad that COlin and I never have sex when I'm ovulating (sorry for that TMI) but I've heard that works. lol

    and Logan will be 2 this wednesday and has no interest in the potty :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gymoboree is great! I used to shope there all the time when my kids were little (it seems like a million years ago now....)

    Cute shoes and leggings!

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...