I was tagged once before... but that one was pretty unstructured and just 7 random things about myself. If you missed it, you can read it here. And I still need to give you all the story on the picture. I haven't forgotten... all in due time, my pretty, all in due time....
So Lee's tag is a wee bit more running-related. So if you aren't a runner and you are reading this, you still might learn a thing or two ;-) And if you are a runner, it will be at least minimally interesting.
Here we go:
1) What are you most fond of accomplishing in 2010?
- Successfully moving (as in houses) last year over the holidays and immediately after.
- Learning how to ask for help when I need it.
- Implementing significant dietary changes that have improved my health and overall well-being (and truly understanding that those changes are not deprivation).
- Learning how to cook... kind of! lol Did you see my pie?
- Recommencing running! And doing it sanely and safely.
2) What are your running goals for 2011?
I just submitted my entry for the Bay to Breakers... not exactly a race you enter for time... lol. But I want to do it in under an hour. That's a tall order, given where I am now, but not impossible. So that's in May. I think the bigger goal is to keep my hip healthy. After 8 years of pain and hobbling and limping, I need to keep some perspective here... just keep that hip working pain-free. (Did you know that a limp is NOT sexy?)
3) What is your favorite race?
My favorite race is the Schyulkill Navy Turkey Trot. The most fun I've ever had training and racing. The highest I ever finished was 2nd. Made me love cross-country running and wish I had known about it in my youth.
4) What is your favorite holiday guilty pleasure?
Wanton wasting of electricity through the use of crazy amounts of CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!!!
5) What was your most embarrassing running moment?
Could be my stellar performance in my first marathon, where at the 25th mile my sweet fiancé was waiting to encourage me homeward. I rewarded his loving, supportive kindness with expletives. But my most embarrassing sports moment would probably be one hot summer back in 1989 at a a rowing regatta where I had stripped down my upper body under a big t-shirt (sports bra, uni, the works... topless... but I had on this big shirt, okay?) after my last race while I was wiping down my boat, which was strategically located in a very central and highly visible spot. I turned my back to the water (and hence was facing all the people watching) and reached down the the hem of my shirt and, in one quick, über-sexy move, pulled it off over my head... the "breeze" of the hot, stagnant air instantly was detected by my entirely naked torso and said shirt was instantaneously and exceedingly rapidly lowered back down. But not before
I know I'm supposed to tag someone or someones else...
- Catey... 'cuz she is one of my heroes (even if she doesn't know it)... 8 kids, gorgeous, sense of humor, and works out.
- Danny... since he followed me over from Lee's and approves of my "loose" parenting.
- Caroline was recently tagged with a different tag (you can see it by clicking her name) but maybe she'll play tag with me, too?
Whadya say, people? Give it a try?