23 December 2010

XLMIC... is it 1,059?

What does it mean?

A follower recently wondered if I am roman numerals.  And continued with pointing out that if I am roman numerals, I really butchered the rules!

Let's see... the X before the L would make it 40....  And the 40 then before the M would make that 960? And that IC... wouldn't that be 99?  So 960 + 99 = 1,059.

So at long last I will uncover the meaning behind the secret code that is me...

The important note here is that I am very concerned about internet privacy and safety and really endeavor to guard mine in the best way my luddite self knows how.  I know that showing pics of my kids and family and home kinda blows my cover a little... but no names, no specific places we frequent, stuff like that... so I can only go so far in exposing certain XLMIC mysteries!

It mostly started here.  And it just got worse.

I used to row.  While I am not by normal standards a small person (5'7", 125 lbs.), I was miniscule in the rowing world.  Even in the smaller person category (lightweights), I was considered small (mostly because of my skinniness and just a little because of the height).  So it was a huge joke.  Large Marge.  Get it?

And then my hilarious best friend got the wise idea to make that EXTRA Large Marge... because that summer I was EXTRA small... trying to be a coxswain and weighing as little as 105 lbs.  Yes, scary-looking but it was only temporary... don't worry ;-)  And because I was the coxswain (who is the person who gets to yell at everyone and tell them what to do while sitting in the boat and hopefully steering and motivating) I was "in charge."  Hence, I became...

EXtra Large Marge In Charge...

but some of them took to just calling me XL.

Ridiculous.

They thought they were so funny.

6 comments:

  1. ridiculous? maybe.
    fun to say? yes.

    (Oh, FYI, after my next comments I'm going to say: "large marge sent me". Do I think I'm funny, oh sometimes.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Googly-moogly!!! 11 kids!! Dang...that is crazy.

    Extra-Large Marge In Charge is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you do rowing, I do paddling on a Dragon Boat team. This is getting eerie - cue the Twilight Zone music

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I figured it was butchered Roman Numerals- glad you cleared it up for us!
    I am XL too (as in barely 5'2") so I get a lot of trouble from my friends. What's up with picking on the little guys? GRRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wondered and now I know!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so darn close ;) lol I love it!

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...