28 August 2011

Can you tell who's finished her last Hood to Coast leg?


This picture was taken in the middle of Leg 35…the hardest, most grueling leg of the course at basically 8+ miles of what feels like one solid hill. These three ladies…left to right: Lt. Love, Nightingale, Pvt. Chafe…had completed their missions. And that, my friends, explains the GIGANTIC, on-top-of-the-world smiles :)

Sgt. Style was out shredding her hammies in the hot sun on the never-ending hill probably not smiling, and Commando was chillin' and taking pictures…waiting for the finale :)

This was the scene 24 hours ago.

Now, the event is over, but the love lives on. We all ended up with those same massive smiles :) and as sappy and fake as it sounds, I am in love with my Nuun Platuunmates, and I am so appreciative to Nuun for creating this opportunity and pulling us together for this synergistic, synchronistic serendipitous experience.

Unforgettable.
Experience of a lifetime.
A weekend I will forever hold so close in my heart.

I promise to post a whole lot more later about the race and the legs and the dirt … and the "dirt" ;-)

But suffice it to say that at this very moment we are all glowing (or sparkling) and feeling AMAZING! Sore but amazing :)

Thanks so much for following our journey!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.3

18 comments:

  1. Way to go! I can imagine the shredded leg feeling :)

    Can't wait to read about the adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, have to admit, I was sick of hearing about HTC before I started and now I can't shut up about it! :) Such a wonderful experience...definitely memories of a lifetime. I heard your team got along wonderfully too. So glad I got to see you guys for some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post... and you! Can't wait to run/bike more together -- and maybe do another relay??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys did it!! GREAT job and can't wait to hear details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you!!!!! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was very nice to meet you on the course at the Sandy Safeway. And I loved your nun outfit! I'm glad to hear you had a great time. H2C was a wonderful experience for me, and I'm hoping to join my team again next year (that is, unless Nuun picks me for next year's team!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously makes me tear up. Such a special experience and I am so grateful to Nuun for bringing us all together so we could meet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo-hoo! Way to go you! Take care of your sore legs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. how fantastic...everyone I know who has run a relay has only glowy things to say. I've never done one...I'm afraid of the whole sleeping-in-a-van thing. I think my whole work week would suffer If I had to recover from 2 days of no sleep ... :(

    maybe your recap will change my mind? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a fantastic time; those team endurance races are embedded in our souls forever I think - there is nothing out there as fun, or rewarding! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like SO much fun!!!! and what great team mates you got there!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. COngrats on the relay, I cant wait to hear about the "dirt"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Marjorie! I will never forget you! You made me laugh and I love how you busted out that can of tuna and TORE up your last leg! We were all so proud of you and so WISH we could have been with you at the finish! I heart NUUN PLATUUN....so much fun!! EPIC indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super! Well done to all of you! Good to see everyone had such an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...