24 August 2011

Spank me... I'm a baaaaad blogger.

It's been a rough summer.

I've got all these kids and they had lots going on and my husband left the country for almost two weeks.

It's been a rough week.

I'll be leaving these kids for four days... the first time I've been away from them in forEVER... like, their whole lives. While I am really fine with going away and know they are in great hands and will be a-okay, they are struggling. They aren't talking about it... they are acting out about it :(

Way to make me excited about coming back home, kids :P

We joke about blogging being narcissistic. Well, maybe some of us are in denial. I want to acknowledge my apparent, complete self-absorption these past few months. It isn't because I don't care. It isn't because I want to be so non-participatory. And it isn't that I am not reading all of your fab blogs. I just have too many friggin' plates spinning on those weird, teetery poles... and some of them dropped.

Housework dropped first.

Commenting dropped next.

I keep trying to toss that commenting one back up and get it going again (the housework one I just leave in pieces on the floor), but between having an insane 2-year old, being out of the house something like 16 hours of the day and my phone not cooperating in the commenting department the vast majority of the time, that plate keeps slowing down and slipping and falling. I sincerely hope to let each of you know individually and more frequently how much I love reading about your lives, plans, funnies, etc. and how much I appreciate all the support you've shown me :)

My recent distraction is about to unfold.

Hood to Coast Relay is this weekend! O. My. God. I really can't believe I am about to join my Nuun Platuuners and do this thing! I can only imagine how boring seeing my crap all in piles to pack must have been. And I know that my detailed, skewed analysis of my relay legs confused a whole lot of people. But I am hoping my excitement is infectious and not just super annoying :P and if you are wanting to follow us as we fly down Mount Hood, plod through Portland, trot across the Coastal Range and screeeeeeeeem down into Seaside, here's how you can do it...

  1. Follow Nuun on Twitter (@ministryofnuun) HERE
  2. Follow me on Twitter (@xlmic) HERE
  3. Follow Nuun Platuun on Twitter (@NuunPlatuun) HERE 
  4. Follow AfterNUUN Delite on Twitter (@AfterNUUNDelite) HERE 
  5. You can also like my Facebook page HERE
  6. And Nuun's Facebook page HERE

Please know that this baaaaaaad blogger will soon be sharing the love a lot better than she has been ... this EPIC madness of a race is over soon AND my kids go back to school at the end of the week AND the 2-year old will be starting preschool a couple of days a week! Wooooooo Hooooooo!

It'll be "Moms Gone Wild".

15 comments:

  1. Really? There are two blogger teams doing HTC for Nuun? Hadn't noticed at all! ; )

    Have a great time and don't worry about the comments. No one is keeping track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moms gone wild. Lol.

    We all have those seasons...yours is just for a cooler reason than many. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH pleeze no apologies!! You go and have THE BEST TIME EVER!!!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time this weekend! Abandoning kids is such sweet sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You bad girl you!! Lol!! I think we mommy's have to stop feeling guilty!! I hope you have a great time! I hope the little one has fun in preschool, my youngest did a 2 year old program and he loved it so much he only cried when I picked him up!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!
    Leaving the housework dish in pieces totally made me laugh. :) And hey, as long as you haven't dropped your kids/family plate, that's what matters, right?
    Have a wonderful wonderful time this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do I have a feeling that spanking is not punishment for you? Just kidding.

    Moms Gone Wild!! LOL!!

    Have fun at the race, remember, the more you run, the less drama you have to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't apologize. You've earned that spot on the team! I don't know how you do it with four kids, blogging daily and commenting on everyone else's blogs. I get excited for H2C reading your write-ups. Have a great time, and I want to hear all about it! Hopefully I'll see you in Seaside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Zippy is a crack up :p
    As is BDD ;-)

    YOU are simply amazing! Have a blast, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Luck! The dishes and house will wait! Have a great race and enjoy your time away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Housework plate is always the first to drop, too. and my blog vommenting plate also dropped, partly do to the addition of other plates and partly becuase my laptop died and commenting is difficult on my Ipad right now, until I figure a few things out...

    Good Luck with the running thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hood to Coast?
    never heard of it...must Google it...

    hey...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol at Ms. Zippy's comment! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a GREAT time, Marjorie!! Enjoy the beach with the other racers :)

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...