15 May 2011

Bay to Breakers completed! (quickie update)

Last week, I won a Pukie Award from Big Daddy DieselI am happy to say that today had no such outcome or sensations :)

I survived!  And the hardest part was that 5 a.m. wake up call :P

As I mentioned the other day (in a post lost to the Blogger Disaster of 2011), I am not The Morning Parent. I was truly concerned that I would oversleep... but I didn't!

My race plan worked out perfectly, and I finished ahead of my projected time by 3 minutes. Officially on the clock, my time was 1:15 and something, but my watch time (and probably the chip) put me at 1:10:44.

I did video parts of the monster hill-climb... Hayes Street Hill is nothing to sneeze at ... it was brutal. And I saw the naked runners (!) not to mention lots of great costumes.

The most hilarious part of the morning had to have been the post-race shuttle ride to the subway (BART is what we call it here). It was strangely reminiscent of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland!

Anyway... I'll be back later with the videos and the complete story of the Zazzle San Francisco Bay to Breakers 2011 along with pictures of some great costumes... including the nudie  booties :)





16 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! I can't wait to read the report!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and no puke. But did you crap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to beat your goal!! Looking forward to the rest! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!!!! I am so happy it went well!
    looking forward to the full recap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I used to run competitively, but haven't done it since having my kids. Following you from the making new friends blog hop, look forward to your future posts!

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I have to give it to you. I certainly can't imagine running let alone running UP any hill in San Francisco. I would be more apt to roll down the hill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. new follower from the hop! thecoolkidsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously can't wait for pictures and videos! Great job on the run btw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to installment #2!! Awesome job on the 3 minutes:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Curse that Blogger. Good thing I don't post too often, might have had to redo some typing. Ha.

    Finishing ahead of goal time gives me the warm fuzzies. Hope you got some too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! Congrats to you! Thanks for all your wonderful words lately! well, always really. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a blast! Maybe next year I'll check it out! But I'll be the one with the beer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the race and beating your goal time. Kinda funny, once someone earns a Pukie, that really want that next one. I dont have alot of 2x winners, that group is in a special class among themselves

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for letting me know my button had an extra " in it! No one else has said anyting but 9/10 times peopel just don't let you konw so I appreciate it!
    Tawna
    tawnasplan.com

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...