25 April 2011

Let sleeping babies lie...

As I was working on a post that will prove to be far too long and far too picture-heavy... people will probably get bored or run out of time or something and not even finish it... if they even start it :P... I was letting the lovely Miss C play with a bunch of big Legos (called Duplos... safe for toddlers ;-)  ).

She was very involved in them. I could hear her talking to them and to herself, clattering them together, singing... Then I took a call. When I hung up the phone, it was silent. If you are a parent, you know this can be very bad... or very good... but usually your mind runs to the 'bad' place first.

I called out her name. No answer.

I looked all over the house. No child.

The whole downstairs is gated off... there is no where she could go. Looking all over the house was sort of pointless 'cuz she can't access all of the house. But I did it anyway. I started freaking out... what if someone came in and stole her? 

As I stood there... in the middle of the room... silently... I could hear something sort of gently wheezy...

I went over here:

and bent down to look here:


Yep, that's her!


She will nap under the dining room table today :)

10 comments:

  1. Yup. I love that. Mine tanked out the other night under a set of shelves in the dining room. Laminate wood flooring isn't the most comfy to me, but then I'm a ways from 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and see what I mean about you being a total slacker...only 3 posts so far today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh
    the
    best
    ever.

    I. LOVED. this.
    adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I love when they sleep with their butts in the air. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable

    Thank you for the great comment, I never been a coach, I just view this whole racing thing in a different light, unconvential, only thing I care about is the finish line

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how do you get kids to just fall asleep like that?! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

we *heart* comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...